Sunday, July 18, 2010

Grammy Time!!


Grammy came for an unexpected visit.  I do not mind writing this and do not feel like I am abusing confidences because the only people who have the URL for my blog are people I care about and know well ( family and close friends).

Ten days ago Mom got the results of a CT and biopsy- and it turns out her cancer has returned and that the oncologist wants to start chemo right away.  Mom asked if she could come to St. John's to see us before the chemo started and she was told yes.

So we had a day of craziness- but thanks to Porter Airlines great prices and flying times we got her over lickety split.  I had to work much of her time over- but the kids got a lot of Grammy time - and we did all get out for a drive to Conception Harbour and Brigus.  It was a whirlwind trip- but I am glad she got over- I will be heading to CB for Thanksgiving- but the kids will be in school- so some Grammy Time was much in order.

Treatment starts tomorrow with bloodwork and a scan of her heart- Chemo on Tues.  Good Luck Grammie- we love you and miss you!!!

A stop in Bacon Cove


Little boys love looking at the ocean!!


Mommy's little sugar shack!! She had that licorice piece most of the day!!

Rock Climbing in Brigus

Daddy's Little Girl

Picnic!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cyndi I have a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye reading this - what an incredible post. Will be sending heartfelt wishes down east for your Mom and virtual hugs to you. lots of love, D

    ReplyDelete