Friday, April 9, 2010

Blessings....

So....I have two children that really are each others best friend....

On weekends and holidays they always want a "sleep over"  One of them sleeps in the others room- on a camping mattress in their sleeping bags...

So tonight- no different than any other weekend or holiday...Erin sleeps on Ryans floor.  Rules are they can play until a certain time then they can lay in their respective places and read.

So I go up to Ryan's room close to lights out and low and behold there Ryan is reading Hardy Boys and Erin reading Nancy Drew ( their library picks of the week).  I ask for my hug and kiss before bed and Erin does not even acknowledge my existence...I prod her for some much needed Mommy attention and she looks up from her place on the floor and says...as only a six year old can.... " MOOOOOM you are interrupting my reading........can you give me a minute- I am at a really INTENSE part"

Now I should be very happy that they love to read - but it is bitter sweet that she likes it more than my hugs and kisses................

No comments:

Post a Comment